Answering all your questions — even the ones you're afraid to ask!
• What will this process cost me? What exactly is a retainer anyway?
• How do I find a lawyer? Will they keep my secrets?
• Can we avoid going to court?
• What do all these terms mean: motion, order, applicant, financial disclosure, valuation date?
• How long will all this take to settle?
• Is there a difference between mediation, arbitration and collaborative divorce?
• When do I go to court?
• When do I sign an agreement?
• How many steps are there in this process?
You'll find the answers to these questions - and more - in Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Divorce.
It goes without saying that family law is complicated. As an experienced divorce lawyer, Russell Alexander saw a need for a comprehensive, but easy-to-read synopsis of the ins and outs of the Ontario family law process.
With its Q&A lists, real-life cases and commentary, this book aims to give Ontario readers a simple-to-understand resource for answering their family law questions.