Essentials of Working Memory Assessment and Intervention examines the critical function of working memory in the development of academic skills and the connection between working memory impairment and specific learning disabilities. Step-by-step strategies for a comprehensive assessment of working memory are provided, along with detailed guidance on working memory training and interventions, including classroom instruction that enhances working memory.
• Provides a review of the theories of working memory, with an emphasis on cognitive load theory.
• Explains the development and neuroanatomy of working memory and identifies risk factors for working memory impairments.
• Offers strategies to improve working memory in the classroom.
• Discusses brain-based working memory training and strategies including how to select effective apps and hands-on working memory exercises.
• Includes reviews of cognition and memory assessment measures.
• Packaged with a companion CD containing worksheets, testing charts, and other useful resources.