As peer relationships become more important, a social-skills program becomes vital. This six-unit social-skills program focuses on:
• Identifying common interests among students
• Practicing inclusion skills
• Building classroom cohesion
• Teaching basic conversational skills
• Role-playing common friendship problems.
What sets this program apart from others is the way students are introduced to the concepts. This creative counselor has combined a variety of materials such as science experiments, group activities, optical illusions, quizzes, activity sheets, interviews, role-plays, and class discussions to capture the upper-elementary student's interest and maintain it throughout the program. Each lesson is approximately 30-45 minutes in length.
Digital content offers the book's reproducible pages in an easy-to-print or display PDF format.