Breaking Through Betrayal: And Recovering the Peace Within is for any individual who has experienced betrayal and is struggling to break through its bonds. Through a proven process tailored for recovery from betrayal injury, readers are invited to:
• Explore and connect with the different kinds of betrayal: rejection or abandonment; a violation of trust; a shattered truth or belief.
• Identify and move through betrayal's three States of Being - confusion, worthlessness, and powerlessness - while uncovering contributors of symptom intensity and duration.
• Revive and restore mind, body, and spirit with a 5-part recovering process for "righting oneself" and attend to re-occurrence or re-injury.
New in this Second Edition of Breaking Through Betrayal, readers are offered a unique perspective on a timeless topic -- relapse. By reframing relapse as a familiar experience and redefining it as an issue of self-betrayal, readers are:
• Drawn into a safe conversation while breaking through the stigma, secrecy, and shame of returning to any kind of unhealthy pattern of thinking, behaving, or feeling.
• Invited to partake in an empowering 6-part recovering process in moving from self-betrayal to self-discovery.
Reviews and Endorsements:
"Useful for anyone caught in self-blame, shame or repeated victimization...this empowering 'in-control' approach can help readers take charge, assess injury, gauge healing and find excellent strategies to protect themselves from future trauma when relating to one's betrayer."
--Beth Hedva, Ph.D. author of award-winning Betrayal, Trust and Forgiveness
"Holli Kenley shares her comprehensive approach to a situation most of us experience at least once in our lifetimes - betrayal. As a former therapist, I appreciate the author's ability to take a complex topic and turn it into an uncomplicated and well-organized read, including easy-to-follow exercises at the end of each chapter. This book is an important resource for anyone experiencing grief and loss as the result of betrayal. Read it and 'recover the peace within.'"
--Janet A. Hopkins, Editor-in-Chief, In Recovery Magazine
About the Author:
Holli Kenley, M.A., is a California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Specializing in the areas of sexual trauma, abuse, addiction, codependency, betrayal and cyber bullying, Holli currently works in the field of psychology as an author, speaker, and workshop presenter.
Learn more at www.HolliKenley.com
Another empowering title from Loving Healing Press www.LHPress.com