It's time to be as happy as your dog!
What if you could take the same joyful approach to life as your dog? Dogs enjoy whatever comes their way-a chance to play, walk, eat, cuddle, or sleep. They're always ready to show you how happy they are and how much they enjoy being with you. They aren't busy fretting over things that happened in the past or that might happen in the future. A dog's default position is to be happy-right here, right now.
Be as Happy as Your Dog explains how people can learn to enjoy life like dogs do. By bringing together the wisdom of dog behavior experts and leaders in the growing field of positive psychology, it reveals easy changes you can make to level up your happiness immediately, and make it last.
Readers will learn
- how wagging their tail will boost their happiness and spread it to others;
- how trusting their "sniff test" will help them avoid toxic relationships;
- how walking every day can release their mind and body from stress and anxiety;
- how finding their pack will provide them with the support, comfort, and connection we all need;
- and 12 more ways to find pleasure in their everyday experiences, get the most from every moment as it happens, and add more happiness to their lives.
You'll wish you had a tail to wag!
"Be as happy as your dog is the most important book you will read this year. We have been so distracted with what we can teach our dogs, we never realized that one of our most inspirational, upbeat, optimistic friends are, and always have been, willing to share their philosophy with us. Based on the new research in positive psychology, Waitzman shows us how understanding our dog's mind and behavior can lead us to a happier, more fulfilling life. A pawsitively delightful read."
- Brian Hare, New York Times Bestselling author of The Genius of Dogs
"Michelle has the unique ability to approach happiness in a way that is friendly and practical, but backed by science. She entertains us through her ability to weave happiness together with our dear companion, the dog. What a great combination!"
- Kim Strobel, happiness coach, motivational speaker, dog rescue advocate
"Be as Happy as Your Dog is brilliantly written to be lighthearted, but such an eye-opening read. I'm someone that jokes often, "dogs have it so hard"-being told when they get to eat, where they get to sleep, or when they get to go out to adventure. But they truly have such a present joy for life, and we can learn so much from them. Michelle Waitzman really captures the here and now approach with which dogs live their life, and we can certainly take some notes on how to incorporate this into our own wellness. Thank you, Michelle, for taking us on a journey through our dogs' eyes."
- Nicole Barnett, force-free dog trainer
About the Author:
Michelle Waitzman is a writer, plain language consultant, and dog lover. She is also the author of Sex in a Tent: A Wild Couple's Guide to Getting Naughty in Nature, Moon: Living Abroad in New Zealand, and Psychic Animals: Superstition, Science and Extraordinary Tales. Before her writing career, Michelle worked in TV production and corporate communications. She lives with her husband and two mixed-breed rescue dogs, Marlowe and Nuka, in Toronto, Canada.