Finally, a book on phonics instruction that helps teachers know how to fix up common weaknesses in their curriculum and materials. Expert Wiley Blevins has researched packaged programs, workshop settings, and phonics in a successful literacy classroom, and provides here dozens of practical ideas to make teaching and learning higher impact. Learn to:
• Apply the latest scientific research on how we learn to read
• Harness the power of the 7 foundations of strong phonics instruction
• Tweak your scope and sequence so it contains built-in review and repetition
• Ensure that 50% of your daily phonics lessons are devoted to meaningful reading and writing
• and so much more! Meaningful Phonics and Word Study will help you implement explicit, systematic phonics—and make it engaging, active, and thought-provoking.