For children aged 8-12 years with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (Including Asperger's and High Functioning Autism)
• 1x Cool Kid ASD Child Manual
• 1x Cool Kids ASD Parent Manual
• 1x Cool Kids ASD Therapist Manual
The program is a variation of the Cool Kids© Child and Adolescent Anxiety Program. It has been developed specifically for children who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder (including Asperger?s Disorder and High Functioning Autism) comorbid with an anxiety disorder.
The program consists of a therapist manual, children?s workbook and parent's workbook each with handouts, activity guides and visual supports. It is primarily targeted at children aged 8-12 but may be used outside of this age range dependent on the target child?s maturity and cognitive development.
The Autism Spectrum Disorder Adaptation includes:
• The additional skill of relaxation
• A simplified approach to cognitive restructuring using “worry stories” and visual
• Increased use of visual supports and visual work systems to demonstrate skills
• Visual checklists to assist with home practice tasks and exposure exercises
• Activities for social skills development