Integrate Research-Based Methods To Maximize Your Competence and Inspire Transformation
11 CEs available
This 300 page manual, along with the 6-DVD package, presents Drs. John and Julie Gottman in an 11-hour state-of-the-art workshop for counseling professionals. This DVD was filmed at one of the Gottmans’ recent live Level 1 workshops.
You’ll view video of Dr. John Gottman’s research with couples and see extensive films from the Gottmans’ clinical office demonstrating their use of Gottman Method therapy with their clients.
• A 300-page Clinical Manual featuring new relationship questionnaires and clinical interventions that you’ll be able to use immediately with your clients.
• A review of Dr. John Gottman’s nearly four decades of research on what makes marriages succeed or fail, including his findings on how to predict marital stability with over 90% accuracy.
• Instruction on how to use and interpret 25 new relationship assessment questionnaires
• Guidance and demonstrations on how to effectively integrate eight key clinical interventions into your therapy with couples
• How relationship problems change over time, but never go away – even in ‘happy’ couples
• How to understand couples' struggles using new assessment questionnaires
• Research-based strategies and tools to help couples successfully manage conflict
• Techniques to help couples presenting with multiple co-morbidities including incest, the effects of poverty, PTSD and infidelity
• Skills that empower couples to dialogue about their worst gridlocked issues by uncovering their underlying dreams, history, and values
• Methods to help couples process their fights and heal their hurts
• Techniques to help couples to deepen their intimacy and minimize relapse
Increase your confidence regarding couples dynamics
Clinicians who take this workshop will be equipped with new methods and tools to help couples break the cycle of criticism, defensiveness, contempt and stonewalling.
Complete with all Gottman Method Couples Therapy marital assessment questionnaires, exercises and interventions. This will improve your work with couples immediately and with dramatic results. All materials may be used in clinical settings.
Continuing Education Information: 11 CEUs in a 6 DVD home study set (this should probably link to the CE info page listed on our Level 1 page)
For Individual or Group viewing
An excellent resource for graduate school courses and agency settings. Individual workshop manuals are available for individuals wishing to view the workshop in a group setting. Additional manuals allow each viewer to have his/her own materials while viewing the series as a group. To be eligible for CE credit, each viewer must be a registered owner of his/her own Clinician's Workshop Manual.