The Visual Strategies Workshop is a 5-video set (total playing time just over 2.5 hours) filmed at a live presentation of Linda Hodgdon’s popular and innovative workshop. It provides lots of information about how to use visual strategies and it is packed with samples and examples of visual strategies that have proven successful with students who experience Autism Spectrum Disorders and other moderate to severe communication or behavior challenges. The information in the Visual Strategies Workshop is pertinent for every educator or parent who provides support for these students.
The Visual Strategies Workshop received the "Excellence in Media" award from Autism Society of America.
In the Visual Strategies Workshop, Linda Hodgdon will teach you to:
• Identify significant factors in student learning and functioning style that affect communication
• Informally assess the student’s communication strengths and challenges
• Recognize specific situations where communication breakdowns can affect student understanding, behavior, and participation
• Create and use specific visual supports that have significantly improved student communication, behavior and participation.
Own this video set and you will have:
• Economical, quality in-service training for continually changing staff
• Exceptional training material to teach best practices for students with autism
• Excellent resources for parent support and information
• Extraordinary information for teacher education programs
Visual Strategies Workshop contents:
• DVD 1: Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders and Communication
• DVD 2: Informally Assessing Communication: Students, Partners, and Environments
• DVD 3: Samples & Examples of Visual Strategies
• DVD 4: More Samples & Examples of Visual Strategies plus Visual Strategies: Parent Interview
• DVD 5: How to Create Visual Tools plus Potpourri of Commonly Asked Questions
5 part program total playing time approximately 2.5 hours
Here's what they say about the Visual Strategies Workshop…
“Essential information for practitioners who wish to remain on the “cutting edge.” Barry Prizant, Author of Uniquely Human
“The Visual Strategies Workshop is a wonderful resource that is a timeless, valuable addition to any autism library.” Carol Gray, Creator of Social Stories™
“Excellent! The programs will be of great benefit to parents, teachers and speech pathologists. . . I know visual strategies work!” Tony Attwood, Ph.D., Author of Asperger’s Syndrome
The introduction of the Visual Strategies Workshop could not come at a better time – when educational dollars are shrinking but educational responsibilities and demands for accountability are expanding. Never has there been more need for high quality, readily available resources for staff development and continuing education.“ Kathleen S. Pistono, Ph.D. Consultant for Autism Spectrum Disorders
The DVD package includes a FREE CD with a collection of supplementary materials including:
• Reproducible handouts for each video program
• Discussion questions
• Test questions
• Plus other support materials to help you receive maximum benefit from this training package
About the Presenter:
Linda Hodgdon, M.Ed., CCC-SLP is a Speech-Language Pathologist who is internationally known as a pioneer in developing the use of visual strategies to support communication for students with the communication, behavior or social skill challenges that are common in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
As an author, speaker and consultant, she has become well known world wide for her very practical information and strategies that guide communication partners to develop effective communication relationships with their children with autism.
With a focus on communication, Linda's books and training programs are packed with "best-practices" and proven strategies for helping individuals from young children with autism through adults with Asperger's participate more effectively in their life opportunities.