A hands-on resource for practitioners, this book provides step-by-step guidance for developing a comprehensive school safety plan. Moving from needs assessment to implementation and evaluation, chapters describe research-based strategies that are readily applicable in K-12 settings. Special features include reproducible checklists and other planning tools, presented in a large-size format with convenient lay-flat binding. Described are proven ways to:
* Create a low-crime environment
* Identify and support high-risk students
* Reduce bullying and harassment
* Improve the schoolwide disciplinary system
* Draw on community resources for change
Photocopy Rights: The Publisher grants individual book purchasers nonassignable permission to reproduce selected materials in this book for professional use. For details and limitations, see copyright page.
--- from the publisher